For business customers, Mike recommends quarterly security audits and maintenance tune-ups. For personal computers, ask for a refresh tune-up every six months.
A security audit is an expert inspection of your computers running programs and processes. This inspection can reveal suspicious programs like viruses, malware, adware, trojans, etc. This technique is different than a virus scan. Most of the time Mike can detect a virus even before any anti-virus scan is run.
Will my virus program find all the suspicious programs?
In most cases, yes. But there are some suspicious programs that are evasive in that they try to hide from the anti-virus program. This is why having Mike perform a periodic security audit is so important.
Included in the Tune-Up:
- Dust cleaning (remove dust that can clog the fans and overheat the hardware)
- Professional Hardware Diagnostic Check (advise on any needed repairs)
- Security audit and scan (check for adware, spyware, malware, viruses)
- Removal of old outdated software and optimize start-up programs
- Disk cleanup (for better performance, faster start-up times)
- Disk defragmentation (for better performance, faster start-up times)
- Review your Anti-Virus software. (advise on any needed upgrades)
- Install Critical Windows Updates and Service Packs (for better security and performance)
We are the only computer repair business on the North Coast with two locations to serve you. We service Windows and Mac. We sell new computers and fix them too. Mike, Shaun, Wayne, Zachary, Dominic, and Mark are qualified to meet your computer service needs.
Service areas include Long Beach Peninsula, Long Beach, Ocean Park, Ilwaco, Seaview, Chinook, Surfside, Oysterville, Klipsan Beach, Nahcotta, and Naselle. Our Seaside Oregon store serves Astoria, Warrenton, Gearhart, Seaside, Cannon Beach, and Arch Cape.
Call us: Long Beach, WA (360)642-2125 / Seaside, OR (503)717-5523